MY Top Ten invites media practitioners to identify their top ten websites, apps, software tools and gadgets, etc, and here it is the turn of award-winning Edinburgh-based producer and director of advertising campaigns, Tim Maguire, whose clients have included the BBC, Coca-Cola, Prada, Scottish Screen, VisitScotland and the Seychelles Tourist Board.
Find his new production company website here and his blog here.
1. Shots.net – website – Invaluable website for keeping up with the best UK advertising work.
2. DavidReviews.com – website – Witty but relevant comment on almost all adverts shown on UK TV.
3. Creativity-online.com – website – Very well designed site that features the best advertising work from the USA.
4. BestAdsOnTV.com – website – Does what it says on the tin.
5. Boardsmag.com – website of magazine – Good for an international perspective on TV ads.
6. 38minutes.co.uk – website – One of the best Scottish websites for the creative industries.
7. Creative coffee morning (Edinburgh) – event – For realtime, creative conversation, every Friday, in Edinburgh, from 8am.
8. Posterous - digital tool – Really clever; lets you post to all your blogs, Facebook, Twitter and other sites in one click.
9. Mike Coulter – blog – I hate the term, ‘web guru’, but he is.
10. Ewan McIntosh – blog – Leaving 4iP for pastures new – watch him go.