CLOSING DATE: June 14, 2015
(Corporate Services Group)
Salary: £24,516 – £26,793 per annum
AUDIT Scotland plays a key role in helping to improve public services for the people of Scotland.
So it’s no surprise that working for the communications team at Scotland’s spending watchdog is both challenging and rewarding.
Audit Scotland is Scotland’s public sector audit organisation.
We carry out financial and performance audits of around 200 public bodies, ensuring £40 billion of taxpayers’ money is spent wisely.
About the role
We are seeking a talented communications officer to join our communications team on a permanent basis. We work hard to ensure Audit Scotland’s messages are clear and communicated through a variety of methods including new and traditional media.
Working alongside other team members you will:
* Provide media and parliamentary services, including monitoring, media analysis and summary writing
* Help deal with media and other enquiries
* Work on internal and external communications activity including helping to organise PR and media events
* Produce writing for a variety of media such as social media posts, the web and various internal and external communications
* Support work on high profile Audit Scotland reports and other corporate publications such as the annual report
Currently working in a similar role in a media office, administration or journalism, you will already have some experience of media and/or a parliamentary focus and ideally meet the following criteria:
* A relevant media/graduate qualification
* Experience with Microsoft Office Applications and experience of using social media platforms
* Experience in engaging effectively with external and internal customers at a senior level
* Strong written ability with experience of summarising complex information clearly and concisely
* Ability to act on own initiative, with strong organisational skills
* Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to deliver to deadlines
* A demonstrable interest in current affairs, the media and new technology
In addition to the above requirements of this role you will also have experience in a customer focused environment along with excellent communication, team working and interpersonal skills.
What you will get
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills within a team of creative, dedicated people and as well as being at the centre of important work which helps to improve the public services in Scotland.
We have put in place a very competitive package:
* Competitive starting salary
* Attractive local government pension scheme (17.2 per cent employer contributions)
* Valued work-life balance, including a flexi-scheme and childcare voucher scheme
* Generous 39 days annual leave entitlement
* Investment in your learning and development including paid professional subscription fees
* Life assurance cover
* Occupational health care including free annual health checks
* Cycle 2 work scheme
* Discounts on high street brands with our online staff savings portal
Closing date for applications is Sunday 14 June 2015 (11:59pm).
To find out more about this role, and how to apply, please visit our dedicated careers website: http://careers.audit-scotland.gov.uk or call 0131 625 1625.
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
For all posts, flexible working may be available. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people and aim to employ a diverse workforce which reflects the people of Scotland.
Candidates with a disability who meet the vacancy minimum criteria will be invited to the next stage of the recruitment process (selection centre and/or interview).
Please note that only applications submitted via our careers website will be considered.