CLOSING DATE: June 19, 2015
ICAS is a leading accountancy body with global reach and influence.
A major programme of digital transformation is under way which will establish ICAS as a globally-connected organisation.
The purpose of the senior digital editor role is to create, manage and update engaging and relevant (both pre- and post-qualification) content for ICAS digital channels (web, social/blogging, email and multimedia) with the objective of developing a dynamic online content offer and learning resources as part of the ICAS digital transformation programme (‘Virtual ICAS’).
The post holder has a key role in establishing closer engagement with the ICAS student and member population (approximately 23,000), to support learning activity and continuing lifelong professional development.
The post holder will be a member of the editorial team, reporting to the head of editorial, with direction on content provided by the education and professional development teams.
They will ensure that all activity is aligned through the ICAS editorial planner.
Knowledge, skills and experience
The post requires an accomplished senior digital content editor with proven writing and content management skills. Experience of working with a range of digital content and platforms (web, social/blogging, email and multimedia) is a necessity.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Experience of working successfully in a mid to senior level editorial position, ideally in an education or learning and development environment.
- Strong editorial judgement, confident and competent in making decisions and referring upwards as required.
- An ability to ensure the relevant use and treatment of content by channel is important.
- Experience in developing content capability across the relevant functions.
- Ability to work well in different teams and assimilate new information quickly.
This is a six-month, fixed-term contract with a view to becoming permanent.
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV together with details of your current salary and a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role.
Salary: circa £38,500 pa
Contact: Charlene Revie