CLOSING DATE: July 3, 2015
Features editor – The Courier
THE Courier is looking for a features editor who will be responsible for ensuring entertaining, informative and newsworthy articles are produced for the title’s print and digital platforms within deadlines and to house style.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Overseeing the layout, appearance and content of feature and advertising feature articles;
* Generating ideas for features with writing staff;
* Commissioning articles from freelance and in-house writers, sending out briefs, which can include word count, deadline and writing style;
* Negotiating payments with freelance writers;
* Editing and re-writing articles;
* Identifying and working towards revenue-earning opportunities;
* Liaising with other editorial, commercial and production departments as appropriate;
* Playing an active role in the senior management team, taking on projects as requested by the editor;
* Understanding and complying with media law and industry ethical guidelines;
* Raising the profile of the department;
* Networking with others within the industry; and
* Using social media to promote the brand and content.
With a relevant degree qualification and a proven track record of features writing and editing, the successful candidate should also have excellent oral/written communication skills, pay meticulous attention to detail and possess the ability to manage a department.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Friday 3rd July 2015.