CLOSING DATE: July 23, 2015
THE role holder will be a key member of the communications team.
Reporting to the head of Engagement, the senior communications officer will assist in delivering the airport’s communications strategy, leading on social media and media relations.
The role holder will also be responsible supporting our political and stakeholder strategy.
* To lead the external messaging for Edinburgh Airport through media relations, social media, publications and the website;
* To increase Edinburgh Airport’s reputation in Edinburgh, Scotland, the UK and internationally, through proactive media and increased industry coverage;
* To manage the on-call capabilities, providing a 24-hour media and social media support, including managing media training and on-call rosters;
* To liaise with our political and key stakeholders on Edinburgh Airport issues;
* To lead media relations during times of crisis;
* To manage escalated customer complaints; and
* To report on the communications team performance, internally.
Qualifications and experience
* Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline;
* Five-plus years’ experience in a similar role;
* Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations;
* Strong media experience;
* Social media experience in a corporate communications setting;
* Experience of crisis management;
* Experience in managing suppliers including design agencies, print houses and media suppliers; and
* High level written and verbal communications skills.
Framework and boundaries
This role sits within the communications team reporting to the head of Engagement with a dotted line to the director of Communications.
It will involve out-of-hours working.
It will involve periods of on-call duty.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 23rd July 2015.
To apply, click here.
This post was first advertised on allmediascotland.com on July 13 2015.