CLOSING DATE: August 12, 2015
INTERNATIONAL Network of Street Papers (INSP) is a Glasgow-based charitable organisation that supports and develops a network of 115 street paper organisations (like the UK’s Big Issue magazine) in 35 countries worldwide.
INSP works closely with its network of member street papers to deliver projects and services that support the effectiveness, impact and sustainability of the network and the street paper concept.
Street papers are a solution to urban homelessness, poverty and unemployment; they are bought and sold by vendors to provide them with the means to earn an income and lift themselves out of poverty.
INSP’s editorial and communications assistant will work closely with our communications manager and editorial officer, to support INSP’s international news service and online communications strategy. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn from – and contribute to – a small, friendly team, at the heart of a passionate international network.
* Work with editorial officer to upload articles and images to the INSP news service website and create weekly email news feeds for members;
* Support INSP editorial staff to research and produce original in-house editorial content for the news service and the INSP website;
* Upload news stories to the INSP website and promote through social media channels;
* Support the INSP social media communications plan, by writing and posting content to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
* Assist with the collection and editing of news articles, features and photographs submitted by INSP street paper members around the world;
* Write appealing intros for a selection of stories, to help street paper editors to select content;
Select additional weekly content from our external media partners, including Reuters News; and
* Proofing articles and ensuring their applicability to an international audience.
* Strong written and oral communication skills;
* Great attention to detail;
* Qualification in a relevant subject;
* Computer literate, with an interest in all things digital;
* Strong understanding of social media;
* Confident and reliable team worker; and
* Print and/or online journalism experience strongly preferred.
14 hours per week (minimum) for a 6-month period. The internship is based at our offices in central Glasgow.
How to apply:
Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Your covering letter should detail your relevant experience and why you would like to work with us, plus one idea for a short news story to go on our website (http://insp.ngo/news/) with details of who you would speak to and how you would write up the article.
Deadline for applications:
5pm, 12 August 2015. Interviews will take place w/c 17 August.
This is an unpaid internship but a stipend of £150 per month is provided.
This post was first advertised on allmediascotland.com on July 26 2015.