CLOSING DATE: August 28, 2015
AN exciting opportunity has arisen for a Magazine Journalist to join the Boys’ Magazines team, which produces the newly-launched licensed title, Thunderbirds Are Go.
Reporting to the editor, you will work to acquire and produce entertaining content for the magazine, as well as other titles within Boys’ Magazines.
You will be required to generate, capture and communicate creative ideas which build on brand values and brand extensions.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Creation of entertaining articles for the specified audience
* Generate ideas for print that are in-line with the brand
* Research and development of feature ideas
* Proof read copy
* Evaluation of content from internal and external contacts and providing feedback
* Networking and building relationships with relevant external contributors
* Maintain brand values and consistency of tone
* You may also be expected to work across other titles in Boys’ Magazines
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience.
You should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice and be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
In addition, it is anticipated you will have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills, and a passion for publishing.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Friday 28th August 2015.