CLOSING DATE: September 11, 2015
HOLYROOD Communications is one of Scotland’s pre-eminent independent public policy communications specialists.
Since 1999, we have been helping create honest, open and apolitical analyses of public policy here in Scotland through both our events and print output.
We have a very exciting role in our events team for a conference producer.
This a genuinely wide-ranging role which requires a broad range of attributes across research, communications, IT, relationship building and strategic thinking.
The role is effectively one of a ‘project manager’.
You will be empowered to make decisions on conference themes, venues, speakers, costs and marketing strategy, amongst other things.
We are looking for a good all-rounder who has the inter-personal skills necessary to work collaboratively with external partners from the political firmament.
Experience of events, public policy research and marketing is not necessarily essential though a capacity to show a genuine interest in policy and an affinity with sensible financial husbandry wouldn’t go amiss.
Ongoing training and support will be provided to assist you in developing the full array of skills needed but most importantly we are looking for someone possessed of a positive attitude, some intellectual curiosity, a willingness to take responsibility and who is serious about building a career in communications/public policy/public affairs and who understands the opportunity presented.
Key aspects of the role:
* Identify and research relevant topics and policy issues;
* Create delegate-centred events with compelling reasons for attendance;
* Market events to a database of prospects established by you;
* Run ‘on the day’ activity;
* Manage relationships internally and externally;
* Source and book venues in conjunction with colleagues;
* Organise delegate folders;
* Have responsibility for individual event P&L; and
* Event registers.
* Excellent research skills;
* Attention to detail and organisational skills;
* Inter-personal skills;
* Willingness to take the initiative and make confident decisions with respect for others;
* A genuine and refined interest in policy developments; and
* Commercial sensitivity and awareness of budget planning and cost management.
Finally, we are not pre-occupied with experience. Some of our best people have come from vastly different backgrounds and we have an open mind when recruiting. The key thing is to find someone with personality, integrity and determination.
Please contact Jim McKay on 0131 272 3108 with any queries.
Salary is negotiable and there is in addition an incentive scheme which can increase your earning capacity significantly.
J McKay MA LLM
head of events
0131 272 3108/07885 362420