CLOSING DATE: October 9, 2015
DUNDEE is an exciting place to be right now. £1 billion is being invested in the waterfront area. A huge V&A museum will make for a spectacular centrepiece. The city has a buzzing cultural quarter and busy night-time economy.
All of which makes it a great place to be a graphic designer with The Courier — a newspaper which is read by more than 150,000 people every day and produces a website which attracts almost one million people a month.
We are currently seeking a creative graphic designer who is looking to build a career and develop their future in the print and digital world.
This exciting opportunity would suit someone who has the motivation and desire to work in a friendly yet fast-paced environment.
* To prepare comprehensive design layouts using materials such as photography, illustration and computer-generated imagery;
* To produce news graphics in print and online;
* To develop design briefs from the rough stage to the finished camera-ready artwork; and
* To produce promotional and marketing material in print and online.
* Creative designs skills with ability to work to deadlines;
* High knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; and
* Good organisation skills and a responsible attitude.
Ideally, the candidate would be qualified to at least HND (or equivalent) level or have relevant experience in newspaper design.
Knowledge of the creation and use of newspaper templates and style sheets, as well as an understanding of template-driven pagination, would be an advantage.
In addition, knowledge of the workings of IPSO and the Editors’ Code of Practice would be an asset.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Friday 9th October 2015