CLOSING DATE: October 18, 2015
Job title: Internal communications officer
Job number: SERV00382
Salary: Grade 7 £31,342 – £37,394
Contract type: Open-ended
Posting date: 18 October 2015
Closing date is midnight on Sunday 18 October 2015.
The internal communications officer will work as part of a professional service offered by the communications team to develop and deliver integrated communications campaigns and projects
The postholder will help to ensure the strategic priorities of the university are effectively conveyed to, and understood by, our 13,000-strong staff and student community.
We are looking for a highly-skilled and experienced internal communications officer who can juggle the requirements of a dynamic corporate environment with the needs of our staff and students.
The successful candidate will lead on developing and utilising a wide range of communications platforms for students and staff in relation to the student experience, staff engagement processes and change management projects.
The postholder may also be required to contribute to the general work of the communications team.
The successful candidate will understand the importance of: building strong collaborative relationships with colleagues across the university; providing strategic communications support to senior management; and supporting academic schools and service directorates with the development and implementation of strategic communications campaigns and projects.
The postholder will report to the senior communications officer and work closely with the director of Communications, Marketing and Public Engagement.
Description of duties
* Take a leading role in producing a new Internal Communications Strategy to support the university’s strategic priorities and goals.
* Implement the Internal Communications Strategy through effective engagement and relationship building with colleagues across the university.
* Collate, produce and distribute: the university’s weekly student and staff bulletins; the quarterly staff eZine; all staff and all student emails; content for the staff and student portals; and social media platform.
* Identify and develop new initiatives, communications tools and platforms to enhance positive engagement with staff and students.
* Advise and assist schools and service directorate colleagues to make informed decisions, solve problems and build communication competences.
* Advise and assist schools and service directorate colleagues with communications plans in support of key institutional campaigns, including the National Student Survey and Staff Survey.
* Support senior university officers, through effective communications strategies and implementation plans, with institutional change management programmes.
* Research, write, edit and proof copy for a wide range of online platforms and print publications.
* Provide a speech-writing service to senior university officers including the principal and vice-chancellor, and the university secretary.
* Contribute to the development and implementation of integrated projects and campaigns with colleagues in marketing, events, publications and web and digital.
* Represent the directorate on committees and working groups.
* Write and edit content for the university intranet and website, using the Terminalfour content management system.
To apply, click here.