CLOSING DATE: November 20, 2015
Commissioning editor (fiction), My Weekly magazine
WE are looking for an exceptional candidate to maintain and enhance My Weekly’s reputation for fiction.
Reporting to the assistant editor, the successful candidate will deliver fiction content of the highest quality and relevance.
In addition, they will write or commission book reviews, author interviews and other relevant content.
Working closely with the design editor, lead picture researcher and freelance contributors, they will ensure that fiction is illustrated appropriately.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Planning and commissioning short stories, serials and extracts for use across the My Weekly brand portfolio
* Securing work from well-known fiction writers and negotiating contracts with publishers
* Meeting and managing the fiction content budget
* Representing My Weekly in professional fiction circles and identifying opportunities to raise the brand profile
* Playing an active role in all My Weekly content, contributing feature ideas and taking part in team projects
A passion for popular fiction is essential.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have a proven track record in journalism or publishing.
You will possess excellent communication skills, a flexible outlook and a commitment to continuous personal development.
You should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th November 2015.