CLOSING DATE: November 29, 2015
Communications adviser (internal)
Salary: Starting from £37.5k and superb benefits package and pension
Location: Edinburgh city centre
Closing date: Sunday 29 November 2015 (11:59pm)
Pattern: Full or part-time considered (four/five days per week)
WOULD you like to be at the very heart of the communications revolution? Helping people connect like never before?
At Audit Scotland, open, honest, and constructive communication is central to how we run our business.
It also plays an important role in the shaping of our unique company culture. We’re Scotland’s public sector auditor and our work spans the length and breadth of Scottish public life to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of public services across Scotland
We believe that public money (around £37.5bn) should be spent wisely to make the lives of Scotland’s people the very best it can be and we are seeking an internal communications adviser who can help us to reinforce this core value, and further develop and support our employee communication efforts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a communications specialist with an eye for detail and a passion for engaging with people about the things that affect their day to day jobs.
You will bring fresh thinking and insight into how best to communicate with people who are not always on the other end of a phone or computer and you will need to pull different stories together into one cohesive and incisive message.
You will help in three key ways:
* Develop, execute, and measure strategic internal communication plans that align employees with our business objectives, unique culture, mission and values.
* Create and deliver inspiring internal communications – you will craft and deliver an array of internal communications, campaigns and change projects that are creative, influential and engaging.
* Work collaboratively with colleagues across Audit Scotland – building strong relationships and partnerships with internal clients and colleagues as part of our one organisation working.
You will have experience of owning and delivering internal communications for business transformation and change programs and possibly a recognised qualification in public relations or internal communications (although not essential).
If this sounds like you, then apply now to be considered for this challenging but rewarding position.
Alongside this fantastic opportunity, we’ve put in place a very competitive package:
* Holidays and flexi-leave: up to 42 days leave each year, plus flexi-leave.
* Security for your future pension and dependents: access to a defined benefit, career average pension scheme offering 3 x death in service cover with 17.2 per cent employer contributions.
* Keeping fit and healthy: annual wellbeing and lifestyle medical check-ups, access to confidential counselling and Cycle-2-Work scheme.
* Making your money go further: you can secure a huge number of discounts from major retailers through our innovative discount portal to help make your money go further.
* Your personal and career development: we invest heavily in your learning and development with access to a suite of tailored training programmes and courses, personal to you.
To find out more about this role, visit our website https://apply.audit-scotland.gov.uk/pages/search.aspx.
For all posts, flexible working may be available. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people and aim to employ a diverse workforce which reflects the people of Scotland.
Candidates with a disability who meet the vacancy minimum criteria will be invited to the next stage of the recruitment process (selection centre and/or interview).
Please note that only applications submitted via our careers website will be considered.