CLOSING DATE: November 20, 2015
AN exciting opportunity has been presented for a new assistant producer, Dundee.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the production of the local Tayside news service within the North edition of STV News at Six.
Working closely with the newsgathering and resources team, you will be responsible for delivering news to demanding editorial standards.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Requirement to produce the Tayside news opt and provide news content for other STV platforms and programmes.
* Requirement to produce news and features as well as series reports.
* Requirement to assist in the delivery of news video and other content to our digital platforms. Work closely with planning to produce detailed prospects for output.
* Production of polished on-the-day news/feature packages, ensuring the creative use of graphics as a story-telling tool.
* Work closely with newsgathering and resource colleagues to ensure the successful and cost-effective delivery of content across multiple platforms.
* You will be an accomplished performer in a news environment with the ability to balance competing priorities and make decisions under pressure.
* You will be a self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills, capable of building productive relationships with colleagues, other departments and external stakeholders.
* Confident communication is required, along with the ability to liaise effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
* You will be responsible for administration in the Dundee office.
Skills and experience:
* Demonstrable experience in news and current affairs programmes.
* The ability to take editorial decisions on programme content with minimal supervision.
* A detailed knowledge of Scots law for journalism.
* An in depth knowledge of social media and how to leverage it for news gathering.
* A detailed understanding of Ofcom regulations relating to compliance and fairness.
* A developed news sense, with the ability to handle major news stories, generate original news/feature ideas to deliver agenda-setting journalism.
* A detailed knowledge of Scottish politics.
* A detailed knowledge of the Scottish news and current affairs agenda.
* An original approach to journalism with the confidence to develop Innovative new ways of covering the news agenda.
* Evidence of the ability to communicate effectively and to adopt a calm approach under pressure.
* Determination and drive to succeed and to overcome obstacles.
* To apply for this position please e-mail a full CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note, only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.