CLOSING DATE: November 23, 2015
AN exciting opportunity is now available at Aberdeen’s 100 per cent local commercial radio station, Original 106fm.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious news editor to join our team as head of news.
The successful candidate will oversee the delivery of the Original 106 news service across a range of platforms.
As an experienced news reader and reporter, you will guide and drive the news agenda in the North-east of Scotland, producing original and thought-provoking news stories relevant to our core audience.
You will also work alongside the management team at the station improving audience engagement and listenership figures.
The ideal candidate
* You will be an outstanding journalist and an inspiring leader with an in-depth knowledge of the news agenda in the North-east of Scotland.
* You will have a track record in delivering high-quality and original broadcast news.
* You will have excellent writing and storytelling skills, with the ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms.
* You will have knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations around radio production, and broad experience of their application in radio and the practice of journalism.
* You will be able to work under pressure to deal with breaking news stories and meet deadlines.
* You will be able to coach and develop talent in others, giving and receiving constructive feedback and managing performance.
* You will have strong editorial judgement and a firm focus on impartiality.
* You will have experience reading and reporting news in a live broadcast scenario.
* You will have a journalism degree or equivalent qualification.
Commensurate with the role on offer
About the company
Original 106 is a local commercial radio station broadcasting 24 hours-a-day to the North-east of Scotland. Our core values are simple and are at the heart of our output. We believe in LOCAL and this unwavering belief has allowed us to grow our audience on-air and online since the station started broadcasting in 2007.
Please send a CV with cover letter and voice demo to Martin.Ingram@originalfm.com.
Closing date 23rd November 2015