CLOSING DATE: December 4, 2015
DUNDEE is an exciting place to be right now. £1 billion is being invested in the waterfront area. A huge V&A museum will make for a spectacular centrepiece. The city has a buzzing cultural quarter and busy night-time economy.
All of which makes it a great place to be a sub-editor with The Courier — a newspaper which is read by more than 150,000 people every day and produces a website which attracts almost one million people a month.
We are currently seeking a sub-editor who is looking to build a career and develop their future in the print and digital world.
This exciting opportunity would suit someone who has the motivation and desire to work in a friendly, yet fast-paced environment.
* To check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured, rewriting as required
* To proof read text, checking grammar and spelling, editing and rewriting as required
* To write headlines, picture captions and story summaries as required
* To lay out pages where relevant
* To liaise with reporters, writers and editors to verify information and story details
* To ensure that stories are the right length and correctly placed on pages
Ideally, the candidate would be qualified to at least HND (or equivalent) level or have relevant newspaper editorial experience.
Knowledge of InDesign and the ability to use Photoshop would be an advantage.
In addition, knowledge of the workings of IPSO and the Editors’ Code of Practice would be an asset.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Friday 4th December 2015