CLOSING DATE: February 5, 2016
AN exciting opportunity has arisen for a magazine journalist to join the Boys’ Magazines team, which produces WWE Kids, 110% Gaming, Thunderbirds Are Go and the newly-launched licensed title Danger Mouse.
Reporting to the editor, you will work to acquire and produce entertaining content for all of the titles within Boys’ Magazines.
You will be required to generate, capture and communicate creative ideas which build on brand values and brand extensions.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Creation of entertaining articles for the specified audience;
* Generate ideas for print that are in-line with the brand;
* Research and development of feature ideas;
* Proof read copy;
* Evaluation of content from internal and external contacts and providing feedback;
* Networking and building relationships with relevant external contributors; and
* Maintain brand values and consistency of tone.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have experience in a similar role. You should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice and be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
In addition, it is anticipated you will have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills, and a passion for publishing.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Friday 5th February 2016
Please note: this ad was first posted on January 22 2016.