CLOSING DATE: February 29, 2016
AN exciting opportunity has arisen for two magazine journalists to join the Girls’ Magazine team, which produces the new title, Twirlywoos, as well as Jacqueline Wilson Magazine, Animals and You, Shout and a number of developing print products.
Reporting to the features editor, you will work to acquire and produce entertaining content for titles within Girls’ Magazines. You will be required to generate, capture and communicate creative ideas which build on brand values and brand extensions.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
* Create of entertaining articles for the specified audience;
* Generate ideas for print that are in-line with the brand;
* Research and development of feature ideas;
* Proof read copy;
* Evaluate content from internal and external contacts and providing feedback;
* Network and build relationships with relevant external contributors: and
* Maintain brand values and consistency of tone.
You may also be expected to work across other titles in Girls’ Magazines
Please note, this is a permanent full-time position.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree or equivalent level or have relevant experience. You should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice and be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail.
In addition, it is anticipated you will have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills, and a passion for publishing.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Monday 29th February 2016.