CLOSING DATE: April 8, 2016
DUNDEE is a changing and vibrant city, and the Evening Telegraph is right at the heart of it.
One of Britain’s top-performing evening papers, it provides the best news and sports coverage for communities in and around Dundee. As well as its award-winning print editions, it has a strong and rapidly-growing online presence.
We are now looking for a sub-editor to join our close-knit team, based in Dundee.
This exciting opportunity would suit someone who has the motivation and desire to work in a friendly, yet fast-paced environment.
* Check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured, rewriting as required.
* Proof read text, checking grammar and spelling, editing and rewriting as required.
* Write headlines and picture captions as required.
* Lay out pages where relevant.
* Be able to spot spelling misstakes at 50 paces (well, did you?).
* Liaise with reporters, writers and editors to verify information and story details.
* Ensure that stories are the right length and correctly placed on pages.
* Take on responsibility for “specials” from time to time, seeing them through from conception to print.
Ideally, the candidate would be qualified to at least HND (or equivalent) level or have relevant newspaper editorial experience.
Knowledge of InDesign would be a definite advantage.
In addition, knowledge of the workings of IPSO and the Editors’ Code of Practice would be an asset.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Friday 8th April 2016.