CLOSING DATE: April 18, 2016
Senior reporter, Sunday Mail
THE Sunday Mail, Scotland’s best-selling Sunday, is seeking a senior news reporter to join our team.
The position, initially a six-month contract as maternity cover, is a great opportunity for a motivated self-starter with national or regional newspaper experience and NCTJ standard qualifications.
The role will involve providing the news editor with compelling news content for the entire portfolio of print titles and digital platforms across a multi-media, seven-days-a-week publishing model.
- To break exclusive stories and provide comprehensive, accurate coverage of breaking news stories.
- Provide well-written, informative on-the-day features.
- Present the News Editor with regular ideas for news stories, investigations, news features.
The ideal candidate
- Demonstrate the highest level of reporting skills, initiative and sound judgement in a demanding newspaper environment.
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadline.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of current affairs, particularly within Scotland.
- Demonstrate a sound grasp of the political and moral stance of the titles and to identify and develop stories accordingly.
- Show ability to turn complicated facts and events into easy-to-read, informative, well-written news stories and features.
- Displays a high level of creativity and originality.
- Competitive salary
- 35 days holiday
- Pension plan
- Flexible benefits
About the company
Media Scotland is Scotland’s largest media company. With iconic news brands under our umbrella you would be working on market leading print, digital and social advertising solutions.
Part of Trinity Mirror, we are outperforming the market in terms of circulation performance and online traffic growth.
Closing date: April 18.
Please note, this advert has been on the site since March 23.