CLOSING DATE: April 7, 2016
AN exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented design editor to lead the design team across Shout Magazine, The Official Jacqueline Wilson Magazine, Animals and You Magazine, Twirlywoos Magazine and other Pre-School launches.
Reporting to the editor-in-chief, you will take an active part in the on-going development of the magazines across platforms.
Working experience of leading a team of graphic designers, to produce relevant and engaging magazines, is essential. This person needs to be prepared to go the extra mile to create vibrant content for the Pre-school, Primary Girls and Teen market.
With extensive magazine graphic design skills and a proven track record of leading a design team across publications, you will drive visual development of the magazines and brands, work to ensure they are strategically placed in the market and ensure all production deadlines and requirements are met.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Managing and motivating a team of designers in a busy deadline and creativity-driven environment;
* Designing magazine pages, covers, free-gifts and packages with high visual impact, in-keeping with brand style guides and brand values;
* Leading design team performance to respond to business and customer needs;
* Contributing innovative ideas and designing artwork to brief;
* Contributing to the design of branded packaging, social media and projects;
* Advising and carrying out special effects and package designs across title: and
* Monitoring staff performance and ensuring development, training needs and personal development plans are followed through.
The successful candidate will be a proficient user of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and have a working knowledge of trends in the Pre-school, Primary Girls and Teen market.
You will also possess excellent communication skills, the ability to interpret instructions, prioritise tasks, work to strict deadlines and style guides, and motivate a team to get results.
You will show an awareness of magazine design culture have passion for the children’s market.
Experience of managing, leading and motivating a team is essential.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Thursday 7th April 2016