CLOSING DATE: May 13, 2016
Glasgow / Dundee
WE have an exciting opportunity for an accomplished and ambitious production journalist to play a key role in shaping the future of Scotland’s favourite family newspaper.
The successful individual will be able to demonstrate the right mix of creative, technical, communication and leadership skills that will help The Sunday Post deliver its award-winning news, features and sport, on time and to the highest standards – both in print and online.
You will have the ability to:
* Demonstrate an eye for design, showing real skill and experience in this area.
* Work with other departments and senior executives to help turn basic ideas into a fantastic finished product.
* Sub and revise to the highest standards – and provide guidance and help to others so they can do the same.
* Manage the work of an entire team to ensure we hit deadline every time without sacrificing quality.
* Take personal responsibility for all stages of producing major one-off projects, from conception to the finished product.
* Take an active role in optimising our print content for the web.
Ideally, you would have experience of working in a key role on a regional or national production desk.
You should have an excellent working knowledge of Prestige, InDesign and InCopy, and be able to demonstrate an understanding of template-driven pagination, newspaper templates and style sheets.
A working knowledge of WordPress or similar web CMS, and an understanding of search optimisation, tagging and preparing content for the web would be a considerable advantage.
For further information, please visit: http://careers.dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies/deputy-production-editor-sunday-post/
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th May 2016.