CLOSING DATE: June 24, 2016
THE Press and Journal and Energy Voice are seeking…
Digital journalist x2 – Aberdeen
As part of our continued development of our digital proposition, we are recruiting for Digital Journalists to support and drive forward our Press & Journal and Energy Voice websites, social media, apps and digital editions through producing digital content and undertaking regular content updates and activity across all relevant digital channels.
As a digital journalist, you will:
* Source, edit and produce vibrant web, mobile, app, email and social media pages, eye-catching imagery and multimedia which reflects the title’s house style, ensuring all content either differentiates from print or complements/supplements the print content.
* Develop and manage the social media channels, exploiting the likes of Facebook, Twitter etc to drive traffic to the sites and build engaged digital communities.
* Create and write digital content.
* Ensure optimum search engine optimisation techniques are applied to the content.
* Conform to the highest standard of web writing by ensuring that relevant guidelines (including brand guidelines), processes and policies for digital content are fully adhered to.
* Provide general html/design/multimedia support to other team members.
With previous experience of online writing and editing, you will possess working knowledge of web content management systems, social media platforms.
An understanding of digital analytics packages would be advantageous as would a working knowledge of Photoshop and video editing.
You will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an eye for detail. You must also have a working knowledge of the Press Complaints Commission, and ideally be degree or equivalent qualified in media, communications or English.
This is your chance to work in a rewarding environment where benefits include a competitive salary, medical benefits, company pension scheme and a generous holiday allowance.
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Damian Bates, editor-in-chief, The Press and Journal, Lang Stracht, Aberdeen, AB15 6DF
Or email P&Jeditorialjobs@ajl.co.uk
Closing date for applications is June 24, 2016.