CLOSING DATE: August 1, 2016
Job title: Policy and communications team assistant, Scotland
Employment type: part-time (three days a week, days and times to be agreed)
Job salary: £25,625 (pro-rated at £15,375)
Job location: Edinburgh city centre
Deadline: 1st August 2016
Purpose of the job
The team assistant, Scotland, will play an important role within the policy and
communications department, supporting the work of the team in Scotland.
Providing assistance and administration of key sections of our communications campaign, work that is essential to the company as a whole.
Key tasks / responsibilities
* Helping to organise and attend internal and external events across Scotland and
* Supporting our work with stakeholders and organisations throughout Scotland;
* Supporting the organisation of the team’s activities and work plans as necessary;
* Inputting and maintaining databases and plans;
* Updating the rest of the organisation on our activity in Scotland;
* Supporting the organisation on other activities as necessary; and
* Travel (within GB), overnight stays and weekend work are occasionally required.
Reports to the policy and communications officer, Scotland
Skills, experience and competencies
* Experience in organising events;
* Good attention to detail and excellent organisational skills;
* Ability to organise own work effectively, prioritising competing workloads and working
to tight timescales;
* Competent using IT, including experience of using Microsoft Office (particularly
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and used to managing information and data
* Strong team player, bringing a positive attitude, enthusiasm and willingness to deliver;
* Excellent communication skills (verbal/writing);
* Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB; and
* Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace
this diversity in your approach to work.
* Experience of working within a communications or policy led team; and
* Understanding of the Scottish political environment.
Smart Metering Communications Body Limited (trading as Smart Energy GB) is a company registered in England and Wales. Company number 8455995.
Registered office: 1 Alfred Mews, London W1T 7AA
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme.
Smart Energy GB actively encourages applications from those groups currently underrepresented in our sector. We’re building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. So, if you’re applying for a job with us, we’d like to hear how you can help us do this. And we want to hear from you if there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs.
Every member of our team goes above and beyond, helps one another out and contributes to the achievement of our ambitious goals. We think it’s only right for us to reward them accordingly:
* Competitive pension scheme;
* 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays);
* Subsided gym memberships;
* Season ticket loan;
* Five annual volunteer days;
* Option to buy additional annual leave;
* Cycle to work scheme;
* Childcare voucher scheme; and
* Free breakfast – to support a positive working environment, a free breakfast and healthy snacks are provided everyday.