CLOSING DATE: September 2, 2016
STV News has led the way in transforming the way we make online video. Whether it is on the STV News app or Facebook page, every video we now cut has been designed to be viewed on a mobile phone.
We’ve launched our new app with innovative formats such as captioned short video reports, human interest stories and fun features.
Now, we are looking to build on this successful launch and recruit an assistant producer (digital video), as a key part of our team producing high quality video that people want to watch and share.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Support STV News to drive and deliver high-quality, relevant and compelling video content online.
• Work with creative video formats for a wide range of services: including the STV News app and website; and social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
• Assist with the production of innovative cross-platform short-form video projects.
• Support the supervision of the production team creating video people want to watch and share.
• Use new workflows across broadcast and online to delivery video efficiently online.
• Collaborate with team to ensure STV News is a ‘digital first’ and ‘mobile first’ newsroom.
• Support the implementation of a digital strategy which puts us ahead of the game with video content in Scotland.
• Work under the values of the STV Way.
• Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
Skills and experience:
• Demonstrable depth of video editing experience using Avid newscutter.
• Knowledge of short form digital news video production.
• Strong editorial judgment to prioritise stories.
• A solid understanding of social media and how to use it in a changing news environment.
• Experience of team development; providing guidance and support to continually improve and drive performance.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work as a key member of a team to deliver cross-platform goals.
• Knowledge of the legal, ethical and regulatory standards associated with STV.
• Demonstrable ability to work under pressure to a high standard.
• Understanding of an integrated newsroom with multiple outputs across broadcast and online products.
To apply for this position please e-mail a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.