CLOSING DATE: September 7, 2016
AN opportunity has arisen for a graphic designer with creative flair and flexible thinking to join the Girls’ Magazines design team which produces Shout, Jacqueline Wilson Magazine, Animals And You, Twirlywoos and Noddy magazines plus a number of developing print products.
Reporting to the design editor, working on magazine design, brand extensions and other titles within Girls’ Magazines as required, you will liaise with internal and external customers to gain a clear understanding of visual communication requirements in order to design page layouts with high visual impact for readers in the children’s market, in line with brand values.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Designing page layouts with high visual impact, in keeping with style guides and brand values;
* Contributing innovative ideas and designing artwork to brief;
* Preparation of design layouts using techniques such as photography, illustration and computer generated imagery;
* Ensuring layout changes meet the needs of internal and external customers; and
* Contributing to the design of brand extensions and projects as necessary within a team environment
You may also be expected to work across other titles in Girls’ Magazines.
With HND Graphic Design or equivalent, or extensive experience in graphic design, the successful candidate will be a proficient user of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, have an understanding of colour and form and DCT in-house styles.
You will also possess good communication skills, the ability to interpret instructions, prioritise tasks and work to strict deadlines and style guides.
Please note that this is a temporary position and will last from three months to 12 months, depending on circumstances.
For further information, please visit http://careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 7th September.