CLOSING DATE: September 30, 2016
Production editor – boys’ magazines
REPORTING to the editor-in-chief, you will manage the production of WWE Kids Magazine, Danger Mouse Magazine, 110% Gaming and Epic Magazine as well as the scheduling of content associated with magazine websites and social media accounts, from receipt of artwork/copy/articles to final print and online publications to an agreed standard of quality, cost and to agreed schedules.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that covermount and polybag deadlines are agreed across departments and that the final artwork deadlines are met.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Monitor production and approval schedules, revising as necessary and resolve issues, to ensure the titles are produced on schedule;
* Manage production and content management of titles, websites and social media to ensure quality standards are met, timely delivery is achieved and costs are kept to a minimum;
* Ensure that proofs and electronic files are despatched in a timely and efficient manner and ensure all corrections are carried out accurately and in accordance with the in-house style and that of the licensor, where applicable;
* Liaise with in-house features and design staff to ensure transfer of accurate copy and timely submission in accordance with agreed procedures and within agreed budgets;
* Liaise with the advertising department, other DCT colleagues and external stakeholders to maintain smooth running of the flatplans, timely delivery of content and effective resolution of any issues; and
* Contribute to the generation of print and on-line features, problem solving and brand development ideas.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have a proven track record of editorial experience. In addition, it is anticipated that you will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to continuous professional development.
For further information, please visit http://careers.dcthomson.co.uk/
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th September 2016.