CLOSING DATE: October 21, 2016
Online production journalist (news intake)
Career level: MSJ040 P2
STV News is Scotland’s leading commercial news service, producing content for five million users every month.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced news reporter to join our talented news team based in Dundee.
You should be able to write fluently, quickly and accurately for a rolling deadline, and produce breaking stories before the rest of the media catches up.
You will have a strong news judgment, good communications skills and be able to use social media and modern journalism tools to reach our growing audience.
Working at the centre of newsgathering for Dundee and also covering Stirling and Central Scotland, this role will work as an integrated part of the newsroom producing Scotland’s leading news service on air and online.
You will be required to:
- Break and write high-quality news stories
- Write compelling copy and headlines that people want to click and share
- Research, verify and source online news material under pressure
- Actively participate in social media
- Be an integral part of the STV News broadcast and online team
You will need to have:
- Demonstrable depth of experience in a fast-breaking news environment – gained in a broadcast, digital, print, radio or agency newsroom
- An established social media presence
- A wide range of contacts from the Dundee region
- An understanding of how to use modern journalism tools
- Excellent communication skills to provide the link between broadcast and online
- A wide knowledge of Scottish news and current affairs
- Understanding of the law, ethics and regulation of digital journalism
- A journalism-related qualification and shorthand is desirable
STRIVE TO SURPRISE
Interested in this role? Send a full CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21 October 2016
STV Group Plc is committed to equality of opportunity for all