CLOSING DATE: November 22, 2016
OUR children’s magazine team is looking for a talented features editor to work across Animal and You and The Official Jacqueline Wilson Magazine.
This exciting and creative position involves managing our features team, planning and producing vibrant, engaging content across all media platforms and brand extensions, and taking an active role in the future development of children’s publications.
Reporting to the editor, you will work with our in-house journalists and designers to create entertaining features and associated brand extensions that promote the magazine’s brand values and meet the needs of our readers.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Organising and chairing regular features meetings and brainstorming sessions in order to generate ideas for cross-platform articles and posts, ensuring a continual flow of relevant ideas;
* Scheduling features for each issue, including future planning;
* Planning, developing and creating social media and YouTube content;
* Researching and writing features and online content as required;
* Keeping up-to-date with current trends and readers’ needs and incorporating these into Shout’s content;
* Liaising with the design team regarding page layouts;
* Taking an active role in the creation of covers, polybags and cover mounts;
* Managing a team of magazine journalists;
* Managing the features budget in line with agreed targets; and
* Working on projects and brand extensions in line with the kids’ publishing strategy.
With previous experience of writing and commissioning articles in a busy magazine environment, the successful candidate will be expected to actively seek opportunities to raise the magazine’s profile.
It is anticipated that you will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have a proven track record of editorial excellence.
In addition, you will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to continuous professional development. Experience of managing, leading and motivating a team is desirable.
For further information, please visit http://careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Monday 22nd November 2016.