CLOSING DATE: January 20, 2017
KELLY Services are recruiting for a community communications officer, on behalf of a global renewable energy client.
The role is a contract position, which will support an on-going project the company are currently constructing in Aberdeen until December 2018.
The day rate is £200 and the location is Aberdeen.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and delivery of stakeholder engagement in the region, to support the business operations through the construction phase of the new project.
It is not essential to have a background in renewables however candidates with experience supporting the lifecycle of a high profile project will be highly advantageous.
You should already have experience managing complex relationships with a variety stakeholders, local to Aberdeen, alongside regional and national press coverage.
Interviews to be arranged immediately.
* Support Project Management and the delivery of stakeholder engagement in the region
* Building and maintaining relationships with landowners
* Representing the company in a variety of public fora
* Support drafting and delivery of relevant communication plans
* Support delivery of community benefit plans in partnership with colleagues
* Identify and map stakeholders relevant to the project
* Working closely with, and supporting delivery from, other communication functions such as public and regulatory affairs and media relations
* Planning, setting up and attending project related public facing events
* Management and distribution of project specific information on internal and external platforms
* Preparation for company response to incidents
* Lead stakeholder and community interaction related to the development
* Briefing local political stakeholders
* Regular stakeholder reports to Project Team
* Requesting and supporting delivery of media activity, including social media
* Requesting and supporting delivery of public affairs activity
* Copywriting, for example, project related newsletters, web based text and material, tweets, exhibition boards
* In conjunction with colleagues, maintenance of all online material, functionality and website architecture
* Educated to degree level (communications or politics)
* Good local knowledge
* Experience in delivering stakeholder engagement or similar communications disciplines
* Well organised, experience in managing projects
* Experience of delivering stakeholder engagement on behalf of complex planning applications and construction projects
* Enthusiastic use of social media
* Well-connected locally
* Experience of conducting Health & Safety Risk Assessments
* Experience of working in or with energy sector in UK
* Experience in a multi-disciplinary communications role
Kelly Services are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy, please contact Erica Tucker to discuss on 0191 230 1177 / Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Erica Tucker
Phone: 0191 230 1177