CLOSING DATE: March 20, 2017
Job title: Communications manager
Reports to: head of Communications
Becoming part of the People’s Postcode Lottery team!
THIS is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business where people are at the heart of everything we do.
We live by our four core values – fun, sharing, courageous and sustainable – and we expect the same from our colleagues.
Offering above the ‘average’ holiday allowance at 34 days per year – along with a generous pension scheme, free fresh fruit and soft refreshments in the office – we look after our team!
We encourage you to spend days volunteering with our charity partners and we commit to investing four per cent of salaries into training each year. Perhaps that’s why our team voted us one of the Sunday Times Top 100 small companies to work for in 2016!
What we do?
As an external lottery manager, People’s Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charitable organisations, which support a range of good causes. To date, players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £175.5 million for good causes.
The Communications department leads on all internal communications and external PR, manages the corporate brand and it protects the reputation of People’s Postcode Lottery at all times.
In this senior role within the Communications department, the communications manager will take responsibility for the external pro-active communications, creating positive PR and social coverage for People’s Postcode Lottery in conjunction with the marketing strategy.
As well as this, the communications manager will support in the strategic vision of the department on internal communications, leading team engagement in support of our business objectives.
Reporting to the head of Communications, the communications manager will have three direct reports who lead PR on our winners and supported charities as well as corporate communications.
The role also sits on the Operations Team and leads the business on pro-active/reactive operational issues.
This role will also act as deputy head of Communications, and will be expected to understand the brand and reputational aspects of the department and have the ability to lead the team when the head of Communications is out of the office.
The right candidate will quickly grasp how communications supports the entire People’s Postcode Lottery team and bring with them enthusiasm, ideas… and a ready-to-go carry-case for the odd bit of travel up and down the country to meet journalists, winning players and supported charities.
* Creating and leading on the overall proactive PR strategy for the Communications department;
* Working with the Charity Content and Communications officer to develop paid-for and earned PR opportunities;
* Working with the Insights department to identify opportunities for PR to support the business objectives and leading the team;
* Leading on and developing processes for escalated media responses and player queries, working across the business to develop robust resolutions and minimising repetitional risk;
* Use internal communications experience to enhance the team engagement strategy;
* Working closely with the head of Communications to build on brand knowledge and tone, understanding the mechanisms of the business and leading the team when the HOC is out of the office; and
* Occasional weekend travel (Postcode Millions events).
Experience of leading communications strategy within a charity or consumer-facing brand is essential.
Other essential skills
* Degree-educated within a relevant discipline (communications, PR or journalism);
* Leadership experience;
* Excellent copywriting skills with experience of proof reading;
* The ability to work under pressure, manage workloads and juggle conflicting priorities; and
* Stakeholder management with sound team working skills.
* Experience of Sharepoint; and
* Experience of the charity sector.
* Must have friendly, confident and positive outlook, with enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’ attitude;
* A concise communicator with excellent attention to detail;
* Must be extremely organised, with a keen eye for detail;
* Must have the ability to work methodically and independently; and
* Good team working skills with the ability to work closely with others.
Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com