CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2017
DIGIT has evolved from the large business technology community, Scot-Tech.
It has been created as a collaborative forum for news, views, opinions and insight; focusing on the digital economy and exploring the impact of technology on business and society.
DIGIT currently runs eight conferences per year, averaging over 200 attendees per event and has rapidly established itself as a leading forum for high-level knowledge exchange and networking across Scotland’s estimated £8 billion business technology community.
www.digit.fyi was launched in February 2017 as a news site focused on digital and information technology.
Salary £24,000 – £28,000 per annum
Annual leave 37 days (includes public holidays)
• Research and write regular news pieces and feature articles for the website
• Monitor media and events to stay on top of technology developments which will impact business and society
• Engage with relevant individuals, stakeholders and organisations across the country to help expand our network and further engage the community
• Work alongside the editorial team on proofreading and sub-editing duties
• Help mentor and encourage junior editorial staff and aid their development
• Assist with editorial curation of contributor content from external sources
• Help form a content calendar and editorial plan
• Align research and collaborate with the conference team
• Extensive written experience online or in print
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
• Understanding of social media platforms and tools
• Strong networking and interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of key technology and business trends
• Enthusiasm, positivity and drive
Technology increasingly permeates every facet of our lives and plays an ever more crucial role in the way we connect with each other and interact with the world around us.
As the role of technology grows, the importance of analysis and debate increases in parallel.
We hope to play our small part in fuelling this discussion, increasing knowledge exchange and encouraging participation.