CLOSING DATE: May 12, 2017
AN exciting opportunity has arisen for a magazine Journalist to join the Girls’ Magazines team!
We’re looking for a talented, passionate and hard-working individual with a flair for writing top-quality features.
Reporting to the features editor, you will work to acquire and produce brand-appropriate, entertaining content for our award-winning titles. You will also contribute to social media, projects and brand extensions within the Girls’ Magazines portfolio.
Our magazine portfolio:
* Animals and You
* The Official Jacqueline Wilson Magazine
The ideal candidate will:
* Create fun, informative and engaging features for the specified audience;
* Be up to date with everything primary/tween girls want to read about, and have an infinite amount of ideas that we can turn into great content every issue;
* Have excellent proof-reading skills;
* Be organised, efficient and excellent at meeting multiple deadlines;
* Be a pro on social media and have lots of suggestions about how we can drive up our likes and followers across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Video editing skills are a bonus;
* Instinctively know what is and isn’t right for the brand and give feedback to external and internal contacts as required;
* Be brimming with creative ideas for cover sells, covermounts and content that will give our titles shelf pop and ensure we continue to drive sales;
* Build relationships with key internal and external contacts and attend press events as and when required; and
* Maintain brand values and consistency of tone and ensure everything is age-appropriate.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or have equivalent experience. You should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice and be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail. In addition, it is anticipated you will have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills, and a passion for publishing.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to carry out an editorial test.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours per week, working from our Meadowside office.
We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, childcare vouchers, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For more information, click here.
Contact: Laura Gibson