CLOSING DATE: May 12, 2017
AN exciting opportunity has arisen for an editorial assistant to join the Girls’ Magazines team!
We’re looking for a talented, passionate and hard-working individual with a flair for writing top-quality features.
Reporting to the features editor, you will work to acquire and produce brand-appropriate, entertaining content for our award-winning titles.
You will also contribute to social media, projects and brand extensions within the Girls’ Magazines portfolio.
Our magazine portfolio:
* The Official Jacqueline Wilson Magazine
* Animals and You
The ideal candidate will:
* Create fun, informative and engaging features for the target audience;
* Be up to date with everything primary/tween girls want to read about and be able to communicate it in a fresh and engaging way;
* Have excellent proof-reading skills;
* Be organised and excellent at meeting multiple deadlines;
* Be able to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
* Be willing to appear as the face of the brand on social media accounts and video footage associated with the publication;
* Be a pro on social media and have lots of suggestions about how we can communicate with readers and extend our reach across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat. Video editing skills are a bonus;
* Instinctively know what is and isn’t right for the brand and give feedback to external and internal contacts as required;
* Build relationships with key internal and external contacts and attend press events as and when required; and
* Maintain brand values and consistency of tone across all platforms.
The successful candidate should have an awareness of copyright laws and codes of practice and be able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail. In addition, it is anticipated you will have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills, and a passion for publishing and social media.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to carry out an editorial test.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours per week, working from our Meadowside office.
We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, childcare vouchers, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For more information, click here.
Contact: Laura Gibson