CLOSING DATE: June 2, 2017
STV is seeking a producer (news programmes), to work across the full range of our output, which includes STV News at Six, STV News at One and STV News Tonight as well as news bulletins and special programmes.
Reporting to the editor (news programmes), you will be a key member of the team, delivering news programmes across both STV and STV2, and working closely with digital colleagues to amplify output.
The key production objectives will include maximising the impact of live location reporting, commissioning polished package reports, ensuring the creative use of graphics as a story-telling tool and achieving the most effective contribution from programme presenters and guests.
Whether in a live production gallery environment or on location covering major news, you’ll need to be able to balance competing priorities and reach the right decision under pressure, ensuring the successful and cost-effective delivery of daily news programme content.
You will be a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills, capable of building productive relationships with colleagues, internal departments and external contributors.
Confident communication is required, along with the ability to liaise effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
Essential qualifications and skills:
* At least three years’ production experience in broadcast news;
* A detailed knowledge of the news agenda and the law, with a keen interest in Scottish issues;
* An original approach to journalism with the confidence to develop new ways of covering the news agenda – both on-air and online;
* A track record in delivering innovation;
* A highly-developed news sense, demonstrating the ability to handle major breaking news stories, develop original news features and deliver agenda-setting journalism;
* Evidence of the ability to lead and motivate staff effectively; and
* A determination to succeed and to overcome obstacles.
To apply please email a full CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We also welcome multi-media applications.
Early applications are encouraged and due to the anticipated high volume of applications received for this vacancy, only candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted further in this regard.