CLOSING DATE: June 26, 2017
Fixed contract – one year
DO you want to work with one of the most exciting communications teams in Scotland?
Representing some 8,500 farmers and crofters across the country, NFU Scotland is recognised as the nation’s leading agricultural lobbying organisation.
Our mission is to promote and protect the interests of Scottish food, farming and crofting by influencing government, the supply chain and engaging with consumers.
To achieve this aim, NFU Scotland works across a dynamic and diverse range of print, online and social media.
What we are looking for
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our communications team to cover maternity leave for 12 months. We’re on the look-out for an enthusiastic person who has a relevant media graduate qualification or relevant experience to join our small communications team of four, where you will provide media support whilst continuing to build on the excellent service NFU Scotland gives to its members.
Your role will be to:
* Support the communications director in responding to member and media enquiries and the handling of any breaking news stories;
* Assist with the development of compelling media releases to promote NFU Scotland’s campaigns;
* Produce effective writing for a variety of media such as news releases, our membership magazine, social media posts and internal communications;
* Assist in the identification and response to Scottish food, farming and crofting stories to maximise coverage and brief our spokespeople;
* Co-ordinate the publishing of our membership handbook;
* Keep the in-house newspaper cutting service up-to-date;
* Assist with the distribution of information to members on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis; and
* Manage our social media accounts, producing engaging posts and interacting with stakeholders.
You will be expected to work independently and to tight deadlines and it would be advantageous to have video and photography skills. However, training will be provided.
For a taste of the exciting work you will be involved with, visit www.nfus.org.uk, view our NFU Scotland Facebook page or follow us on Twitter at @NFUStweets.
What’s on offer:
* A salary commensurate with competence, in the range of £17,000 – £22,000 (dependent on experience);
* 35 hour working week (9am – 5pm with one hour lunch);
* Generous 38 days holiday entitlement;
* Contributed pension; and
* Membership of NFU Scotland, giving access to a range of benefits and discounts.
To start mid July-2017
You will be based in NFU Scotland’s head office near Edinburgh Airport
To apply: Please send your CV with covering letter to Alison McLean at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 9am on 26 June 2017 and interviews will take place at our offices on 3rd or 4th July 2017.