CLOSING DATE: July 2, 2017
STV’s award-winning flagship news programme, STV News, brings live, comprehensive and up-to-the-minute coverage to over 4.5 million viewers across Scotland each week.
The production journalist will be responsible for covering news events throughout our transmission area and providing content to the highest editorial and production standards for STV News, associated bulletins and online.
You will be responsible for presenting material for our hourly bulletins and lunchtime news, as well as late bulletins.
You will also assist with the production of daily news bulletins.
* Break and handle major news stories, find exclusives and develop original news features to deliver agenda-setting journalism;
* Presentation of news stories in a professional and unbiased manner;
* Generate ideas for stories/features and following leads from a variety of sources;
* Provide content to the highest editorial and production standards for STV News, associated bulletins and online:
* Provide editorial input to the running order of bulletins;
* Research, collate evidence and information to support stories using relevant information sources;
* Preparation of scripts for packages and bulletins which adhere to legal guidelines;
* Conduct both live and recorded interviews;
* Deliver polished package reports using Avid News cutter; and
* Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Skills and experience:
* Demonstrable experience of live on screen presenting;
* Extensive related journalism experience gained within a broadcast environment;
* Experience of producing content for multi platforms;
* Degree qualified or equivalent in a Journalism related discipline;
* A strong and developed news sense, with the ability to handle major news stories, develop original news features and overall to deliver agenda-setting journalism;
* An original approach to journalism with the confidence to develop innovative new ways of covering the news agenda;
* Enthusiasm for developing an online presence through our digital platforms and the use of social media;
* A detailed knowledge of the Scottish news agenda and the law as it affects Scotland;
* Ability to act calmly, remain resilient and adaptable in the face of rapidly changing circumstances;
* Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to liaise effectively with colleagues, internal and external clients at all levels;
* Driven approach and use of own initiative, highly motivated to deliver against deadlines and challenges.
To apply, please email a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include a relevant show reel of no more than three minutes.