CLOSING DATE: August 1, 2017
THE Scottish Sun is recruiting a news editor.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in the day-to-day running of the nation’s best-selling daily paper.
As a key member of the team, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record in journalism and managing a team.
They must be comfortable working to tight deadlines while also being able to manage a significant additional work load. Strong organisational, people and communication skills are a must, as well as drive and ambition.
The successful candidate will also:
* Be able to adapt to changing priorities and have a willingness to embrace new digital challenges and opportunities;
* Have the ability to manage a large team;
* Be a good motivator;
* Have great people management skills;
* Be able to work effectively and calmly under pressure; and
* Be organised and have the ability to look beyond the day-to-day pressures with forward planning.
Please send your CV to deputy editor, Gill Smith – email@example.com