CLOSING DATE: August 18, 2017
WE’RE looking for a talented production editor to join us for six months, working on exciting magazines like Shout, The Official Jacqueline Wilson Mag and Sweet.
Reporting to the editor-in-chief, you will manage the production of Shout, Animals And You, The Official Jacqueline Wilson Mag and Sweet, as well as the scheduling of content associated with magazine websites and social media accounts, from receipt of artwork/copy/articles to final publication, on schedule and to an agreed standard of quality and cost.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that covermount and polybag deadlines are agreed across departments and that final artwork deadlines are met.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Monitoring production and approval schedules, revising as necessary to resolve issues and ensuring the titles are produced on schedule.
- Managing production of titles, websites and social media to ensure quality standards are met, deadlines are hit and costs are kept to a minimum.
- Ensuring that proofs and electronic files are despatched in a timely and efficient manner and ensuring all corrections are carried out accurately and in accordance with the in-house style and that of the licensor, where applicable.
- Liaising with in-house features and design staff to ensure transfer of accurate copy and submission in accordance with agreed procedures and within agreed budgets and timeframes.
- Liaising with the advertising department, other DCT colleagues and external stakeholders to maintain smooth running of the flatplans, timely delivery of content and effective resolution of any issues.
- Contributing to the generation of print and online features, problem solving and brand development ideas.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have a proven track record of editorial experience. In addition, it is anticipated that you will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to continuous professional development.
Please note, this position is expected to last for six months.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV, cover letter and an example of your work.
To apply, click here.
This is a full-time position, permanent working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working from our Meadowside office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, onsite staff gym, childcare vouchers, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.