CLOSING DATE: October 13, 2017
THE Press and Journal are seeking…
Digital journalist – Inverness
As part of our continued development of our digital proposition, we are recruiting for a digital journalist to support and drive forward our social media, apps and digital editions of The Press and Journal through producing digital content and undertaking regular content updates and activity across all relevant digital channels.
As digital journalist, you will:
* Source, edit and produce vibrant web, mobile, app, email and social media content, eye-catching imagery and multimedia which reflects the title’s house style, ensuring all content either differentiates from print or complements/supplements the print content.
* Develop and manage the social media channels, exploiting the likes of Facebook, Twitter, etc to drive traffic to the sites and build engaged digital communities.
* Create and write digital content.
* Ensure optimum search engine optimisation techniques are applied to the content.
* To conform to the highest standard of web writing by ensuring that relevant guidelines (including brand guidelines), processes and policies for digital content are fully adhered to.
* To provide general html/design/multimedia support to other team members.
With previous experience of online writing and editing, you will possess working knowledge of web content management systems, social media platforms. An understanding of digital analytics packages would be advantageous as would a working knowledge of video editing.
You will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an eye for detail. You must also have a working knowledge of the Independent Press Standards Organisation.
This is your chance to work in a beautiful part of the UK within a rewarding environment where benefits include a competitive salary, medical benefits, company pension scheme and a generous holiday allowance.
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Richard Neville, editor-in-chief, The Press and Journal, Lang Stracht, Aberdeen AB15 6DF
Closing date for applications is October 13, 2017.