CLOSING DATE: October 27, 2017
THE Scottish Sun’s digital desk has a vacancy for a talented homepage editor.
The role is responsible for managing the homepage of thescottishsun.co.uk, to ensure it is packed with outstanding, creative and engaging news – to maximise traffic.
Other responsibilities include:
- Editing and polishing stories to ensure the highest standard of presentation, particularly in headlines and pictures, to best maximise traffic;
- Constantly improving the quality of stories and liaising with colleague across departments to check for updates and fresh lines and pictures, particularly on large live and breaking stories;
- Supporting the news editor by monitoring UK content which can be repurposed for a Scottish audience;
- Working closely with the online night editor to ensure high standards are maintained on the homepage, 24/7;
- Working closely with the social media manager to ensure The Scottish Sun content is given maximum exposure on all social platforms;
- Using analytics to ensure best placement and selling of stories;
- Being fully aware of legal issues, the PCC Code of Conduct and IPSO standards; and
- Working a five-day week, across a seven-day rota.
The successful candidate must have strong digital production experience on a fast-paced national news title, be able to work and communicate effectively with the team and management, understand the production process for a news website and its relationship with print and be able to build a news story quickly, accurately and in The Scottish Sun style.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.