CLOSING DATE: January 5, 2018
THE Farmers Journal Scotland is growing. We are looking for a deputy editor to work with our growing dynamic team. If you have a passion for agriculture and want an exciting challenge working with one of Scotland’s fastest-growing newspapers, then this opportunity is for you.
The deputy editor will:
* Generate daily content for Farmers Journal Scotland;
* Plan, source, analyse and write relevant high quality stories that will be of interest and significance to farm families, food producers and agribusinesses in Scotland;
* Ensure that all copy produced is reader-friendly, fair, accurate and timely;
* Edit copy and proof read as required by the editor;
* Produce and contribute to supplements and other publications as required;
* Ensure that all agreed deadlines are met;
* Promote Farmers Journal Scotland on social media and at events across the country; and
* Cover for the editor as required, taking responsibility for all editorial material and be familiar with all editorial aspects of the Farmers Journal Scotland.
What we offer:
* Experience in a hands-on fast-paced environment;
* Competitive fees for services; and
* Creative autonomy.
Applicants must have:
* Knowledge of and passion for the Scottish agricultural industry;
* The capacity to recognise and develop strong stories;
* Excellent writing and digital skills;
* A background in research and investigation;
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
* The ability to travel; and
* A full driving licence.
This is a great opportunity for those looking for career development in journalism or the agriculture sector.
See details at www.farmersjournal.ie/careers
Biographies / CVs can be submitted to the Scotland editor at email@example.com with ‘Deputy Editor’ in the subject line.
Closing date for submissions: Friday 5 January 2018