CLOSING DATE: January 12, 2018
THE Press and Journal, Scotland’s best-selling quality newspaper and biggest regional daily in the UK, is seeking a…
Digital journalist – Aberdeen (fixed-term contract – up to 12 months)
We are recruiting for a digital journalist to support and drive forward our Press and Journal news website, social media, apps and digital editions with top-quality digital content.
Providing instant updates to maintain our competitiveness and quality content across all relevant digital channels is essential, as well as ensuring that it conforms to the highest standards.
This is a great opportunity to be at the cutting edge of our digital news coverage, while working in partnership with Press and Journal print colleagues.
As digital journalist, you will:
* Source, edit and produce vibrant written content across our digital range, along with eye-catching imagery;
* Develop and manage social media channels, exploiting the likes of Facebook and Twitter to drive traffic to the sites and engage digital communities;
* Ensure search engine optimisation techniques are applied to the content;
* To conform to the highest standard of web writing by ensuring that relevant guidelines, processes and policies for digital content are followed; and
* To provide general html/design/multimedia support to other team members.
Previous relevant digital newsroom experience is vital.
An understanding of digital analytics packages is preferable, and a working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Edge or video editing.
You will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an eye for detail. You must have a working knowledge of the Independent Press Standards Organisation.
This is a fixed-term contract for up to 12 months, working 37.5 hours per week, at our Aberdeen office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday pro rata, health cash plan, gym discount, childcare vouchers, excellent pension, a competitive salary and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter to:
Richard Neville, editor-in-chief, The Press and Journal, Lang Stracht, Aberdeen AB15 6DF
Closing date for applications is January 12, 2017