CLOSING DATE: February 5, 2018
Head of Strategic Communications and Engagement
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
Contract terms: Full time – two-year fixed-term appointment
Salary: £48,692 – £55,542 per annum pro rata.
This post currently attracts an allowance of £3,000 on entry, rising to £5,000 after one year satisfactory performance within the role.
Location: Edinburgh, Crown Office, 25 Chambers Street, EH1 1LA
25 days paid holiday + public and privilege holidays
Flexible working hours
The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service is responsible for the investigation and prosecution of all crime in Scotland; the investigation of deaths which require further explanation; and the investigation of complaints against the police.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The post-holder will be based at the Crown Office in Edinburgh and report to the Procurator Fiscal for Policy and Engagement. They will lead a small media relations team in delivering an integrated communications service for COPFS. The post-holder will provide strategic communications and engagement advice to the senior leadership team and the Law Officers.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA REQUIRED
- Excellent communication skills, including the provision of compelling strategic advice at a senior level within organisations;
- Strategic experience in corporate communications and/or journalism;
- Proven track record in corporate reputation management;
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of the media and the civic and political environment in Scotland;
- Experience of engaging with and influencing a wider range of external stakeholders, particularly during times of intense public scrutiny and challenge; and
- Ability to build strong personal and professional credibility with the media and stakeholders;
- Ability to manage a team of media relations specialists.
If you have any queries please email Recruitment@copfs.gsi.gov.uk.Application packs are available to download from our website http://www.copfs.gov.uk/careers.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Selection will be competency-based. Closing date for these vacancies is: 5th February 2018 at 10am. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note that COPFS has exemptions from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
COPFS must also adhere to strict Civil Service and Cabinet Office Baseline Personnel Security Standards regarding nationality, identity and history verification rules.
Phone: 0300 020 3000