CLOSING DATE: May 25, 2018
Head of corporate communications
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
Contract terms: Permanent
Salary: £48,692 – £55,542 per annum pro rata
Location: Edinburgh – Location can be flexible
25 days paid holiday + public and privilege holidays
Flexible working hours
The Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service are responsible for the investigation and prosecution of all crime in Scotland; the investigation of deaths which require further explanation; and the investigation of complaints against the police.
About the role
As head of corporate communications within COPFS you will be responsible for developing and implementing a communication and engagement strategy and in doing so, implementing recommendations from a recent independent review. You will be responsible for an overhaul of our internal and external websites, driving the establishment of modernised digital communications tools and techniques to enhance communication throughout our organisation.
Essential criteria required:
* The successful candidate will be an experienced corporate communications professional with experience of developing and implementing effective digital and off-line communication strategies.
* You will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and have a proven track record of success in delivering high quality corporate communications materials through multiple platforms and channels.
* The ideal candidate will have excellent advisory skills and be confident giving advice and information to senior managers, as well as being adept at building effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Additional essential criteria include:
* A strong leader, with a track record of successful engagement and relationship building, able to influence at all levels.
* Excellent communication and engagement skills with demonstrable experience of communicating across organisations at all levels verbally and in writing.
* Significant experience of working with multimedia content across various digital platforms.
* Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in communication related subject matter or equivalent experience.
If you have any queries, please email Recruitment@copfs.gsi.gov.uk.
Application packs are available to download from our website http://www.copfs.gov.uk/careers.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Selection will be competency based.
Closing date for these vacancies is: 25th of May 2018 at 5pm
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note, that COPFS has exemptions from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
COPFS must also adhere to strict Civil Service and Cabinet Office Baseline Personnel Security Standards regarding nationality, identity and history verification rules.