CLOSING DATE: July 20, 2018
WE are looking for an exceptional candidate to be responsible for generating and managing content for 110% Gaming and related brand extensions within DC Thomson Media.
110% Gaming is the biggest kids’ gaming magazine in the UK. On sale every four weeks, the magazine is number one for age-appropriate games, brands and YouTubers.
Reporting to the editor-in-chief, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing editorial direction to the team to develop the magazine and brand extensions. You will be an experienced member of editorial staff with a sound knowledge of children’s publishing, ensuring 110% Gaming’s brand values are maintained and quality standards achieved within budget and deadlines to maximise revenue and growth.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Editorial responsibility for the 110% Gaming editorial and design teams to enable them to produce high quality content
- To identify and actively seek opportunities to grow the 110% Gaming brand through new products and innovations and act as a brand ambassador
- To generate, capture and communicate creative ideas and concepts that build on brand values, ensuring brand vision and values are communicated clearly to the whole team
- To express the brand’s point of view through appropriate editorial on all media platforms
- To have a sound understanding of the current and emerging competitor set
- To liaise with other departments to devise long-term strategies for the future direction of the brand, and drive sales and revenue
- To provide timely business information to assist in business planning process in line with prescribed reporting format
- To build and maintain relationships with external clients, including PRs, freelance writers and artists, YouTubers and licensors
- To manage, motivate and drive team performance and ensure development, training needs and personal development plans are completed
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have a proven track record of editorial experience. You will have a current knowledge of popular culture and emerging trends within the kids’ market. In addition, it is anticipated you will have exceptional communication, interpersonal and management skills.
To apply for this position, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
To apply, click here.
This is a permanent, full time position, based in Dundee. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday pro rata, health cash plan, on-site gym, childcare vouchers, excellent pension, a competitive salary and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Contact: Claire McMillan