CLOSING DATE: January 29, 2019
THE Courier is looking for a graphic artist with creativity and flexible thinking to join the team.
Working on the design of the newspaper, brand extensions and projects as required, you will liaise with internal customers to gain a clear understanding of visual communication requirements in order to design page layouts with high visual impact for Courier readers, in line with brand values.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing page layouts with high visual impact, in keeping with the Courier image, style guide and brand values
- Contributing ideas and designing artwork to brief
- Preparation of design layouts using techniques such as photography, illustration and computer generated imagery
- Ensuring layout changes meet the needs of customers
- Contributing to the design of brand extensions and projects as necessary within a team environment
With HND Graphic Design or equivalent, or extensive experience in graphic design, the successful candidate will be a proficient user of the full adobe suite and have an understanding of colour and form. You will also possess good communication skills, the ability to interpret instructions, prioritise tasks and work to strict deadlines and style guides.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
To apply, click here.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 29th January 2019.