CLOSING DATE: February 22, 2019
DC Thomson Media is currently seeking a sub-editor who is looking to build a career and develop their future in the print and digital world.
Based in Aberdeen, this exciting opportunity would suit someone who has the motivation and desire to work in a friendly, yet fast-paced environment on our six titles.
* To check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured, rewriting as required;
* To proof read text, checking grammar and spelling, editing and rewriting as required;
* To write headlines, picture captions and story summaries as required;
* To lay out pages where relevant;
* To liaise with reporters, writers and editors to verify information and story details; and
* To ensure that stories are the right length and correctly placed on pages.
Ideally, the candidate would be qualified to at least HND (or equivalent) level or have relevant newspaper editorial experience.
Knowledge of InDesign and the ability to use Photoshop would be an advantage.
In addition, knowledge of the workings of IPSO and the Editors’ Code of Practice would be an asset.
* Competent in text editing and page layout;
* Competent knowledge of IPSO and the law;
* Competent knowledge of Code of Practice;
* Meticulous attention to detail;
* Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and IT skills; and
* Relevant degree qualification.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
To apply, click here.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week from our Aberdeen office.
We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 22nd February 2019.