CLOSING DATE: April 1, 2019
DC Thomson Media are looking for a production editor for their portfolio of Scottish magazine titles.
We need a strong communicator with excellent deadline management skills, a dedication to quality control and a recognition of what makes great writing. Liaising with editors and graphic designers, you will lead editorial production for a growing portfolio of Scottish magazines, including The Scots Magazine, Living and Scottish Wedding Directory – plus several additional publications.
You will assume responsibility of delivering material to our print partners, manage CMS and occasionally oversee cover mount and polybag production.
With multiple deadlines each week, the successful candidate should demonstrate an ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining the highest journalistic standards.
- Overseeing quality control for multiple titles, ensuring the highest journalistic standards are met
- Ensuring proofs and electronic files are dispatched in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working with editors, content journalists and design staff to ensure brand values and tone of voice run through all material
- Liaising with DC Thomson Media operations and commercial colleagues, plus external stakeholders, to maintain smooth running of flat plans
- Contributing to generation of content ideas, problem solving and brand development ideas.
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to take rough copy and turn it into concise, clear, accurate prose
- Talent for writing compelling headlines and clever captions
- Commitment to quality control and deadline management
- Excellent oral/written communication and IT skills
- Working knowledge of IPSO Code of Practice and media law
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification/experience
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
To apply, click here.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside office with occasional opportunities to work with colleagues in our Glasgow office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, onsite staff gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 1st April 2019