CLOSING DATE: August 21, 2019
DC Thomson Media has an excellent opportunity for a commissioning illustrations editor to join ‘The People’s Friend’ team based in Dundee..
The individual who fills this role will be responsible for the following areas of business:
* Prioritising all of the title’s illustration needs;
* Using illustration skills to create images and designs that suit the style of ‘The People’s Friend';
* Commissioning artwork from freelance contributors in line with agreed briefs, on time and within budget;
* Scanning images and changing sizes, colours and other elements as required;
* Overseeing all illustration work to ensure a high standard of artwork and a balanced selection for each issue across ‘The People’s Friend’ portfolio; and
* Building and maintaining positive working relationships with the editorial team and external contributors.
* Excellent illustration skills;
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and associated packages; and
* Good communication and organisational skills. The ability to prioritise and to work quickly, accurately and to deadline is essential. In addition, an interest in or knowledge of the women’s weekly magazine market would be advantageous.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
To apply, click here.