CLOSING DATE: February 8, 2020
IF you love reading fiction, we have the perfect job for you!
The People’s Friend is looking for someone who loves great stories as much as we do to join the fiction team here at our HQ in the heart of Dundee, right where the ‘Friend’ began more than 150 years ago.
What we want you to bring to the job:
* We want you to help us provide our readers with great content through the assessment, critiquing and buying of entertaining and appropriate short stories, serials and pocket novels.
* This means both spotting brand new writing talent and developing it, and building and maintaining relationships with current freelance writers.
* You’ll create effective briefs for writers and illustrators to go with our stories and serials.
* You’ll edit and proof-read copy in line with our house style and brand values.
* We’ll also want you to generate and communicate creative ideas for content and brand extensions based on the brand values of this heritage title, in both print and digital media.
It is expected that the successful candidate will be an experienced magazine journalist, educated to degree level or equivalent, have an awareness of codes of practice and have meticulous attention to detail. We’ll want you to be superbly well-organised, and also to have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
To apply, click here.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.